Celebrate Captain Picard Day with Our Favorite Star Trek Quotes
It’s Stardate 47457.1, or June 16—otherwise known as Captain Picard Day! We can’t help but be reminded of all the things Jean-Luc Picard has said throughout the stardates. We talked to a few in-house Star Trek fans and they shared their favorite Picard quotes with us:
- “It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness—that is life.” —”Peak Performance” (S02 Ep. 21)
- “Seize the time…live now. Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” —”The Inner Light” (S05 Ep. 25)
- “There are four lights!” —”Chain of Command, Part II” (S06 Ep. 11)
- “We think we’ve come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly it threatens to start all over again.” —”The Drumhead” (S04 Ep. 21)
- “Sokath, his eyes uncovered!” —”Darmok” (S5 Ep. 02)
- “Things are only impossible until they’re not!”—”When the Bough Breaks” (S01 Ep. 17)
And since we’re all about books here, we can’t help but talk about our favorite Star Trek novels as well, featuring Captain Jean-Luc Picard and the crew of the USS Enterprise! Here are our favorite quotes matched with each book. Happy Captain Picard Day—engage!
STAR TREK and related marks © 2020 CBS Studios. All Rights Reserved.